* An Ancient Greek word meaning excellence or virtue, being the best one can be
* Ancient Greek philosophy stressed the development of arete' in 3 aspects of ones life- Mind, Body, and Spirit (Wit, Strength, Bravery)
* Neglect of one aspect was the sign of an incomplete man
Welcome to our 2019-2020 Track and Field Year. Below is very important information much of which can be and should be taken care of before you report on the 1st day of school.
1. Physical on file with our athletic trainer- Your current physical must be given directly to our trainers. A coach will not accept it. Some of you have taken care of this but many have not.
** go to www.katyisd.org. once you are on the Katy ISD web site please go to departments and then athletics. Once you get to the athletics page hover over Parents and your will get a list of items to choose from all of which are important. The last one is Participation Forms- You will go to "Proceed to Online forms" with a couple of clicks. Now you will need to create an account and just follow directions to complete all forms. Make sure you do all items and submit them. Once you submit them I will have them!!
** Also under parent information you can pay for your participation fees. It is best to do it here instead of exchanging money. Please try your best to pay for participation fees on my payment plus!
** physical opportunities if you have not done yet:are also lited under parent information. There is one on August 6th at 6:00PM in the SLHS Competition Gym. Pleease take advantage of this or any of the other dates at other schools.
**I will also need a copy of your birth certificate if you are a "new" athlete at Seven Lakes. You can scan this to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org *Please make sure it is an attachment and not within the email and separate from the below utility bill
**I will also need a copy of a "current" utility bill where you live. This can also be scanned to the above email as an attachment!
Other items you will need for track;
1. you must have a watch that you can get splits and recall those splits. This is not an option this year!! Many kids lose them because they take them off. You should never take it off while at school. You can even shower with it on. I highly recommend you get a timex triathlon watch for training.
2. You need a binder with a clear sleeve in the front (1 1/2 to 2") We will utilize this in track even more this year than last year. This binder will be used for motivational, nutritional, and training information mainly.
3. You need a nice pair of running shoes- shoes that you don't wear for any purpose other than for training
4. You must be able to stay after school even in the fall. You will not be able to catch the bus. We simply cannot take care of all needs during the period.
We look forward to a great season. I will update this site on a regular basis. If you have questions do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Lance Broome completes his senior season with a state Championship performance in the 200m dash at the state meet in Austin with a phenomenal time of 20.83. Lance earlier finished 3rd at the state meet in the 100m dash with an impressive 10.40
Lance leaves Seven Lakes as the record holder at our school in both the 100 (10.26) and the 200 (20.82)
Lance also was part of history in 2018 as a member of the state champion 4x100 team and state runner up 4x200
Lance will attend Texas A&M this Fall and we wish him the best and will follow his track career for the Aggies.
Kyle Stulce leaves Seven Lakes as one of the top 2 throwers in Seven Lakes history and we have had some great throwers in our history.
Kyle recently placed 3rd at the UIL State Meet with a throw of 61'6 which was his PR for outdoor. Kyle also had a personal best of 62'1" indoor and a best of 151' 5 3/4 in the discus
Kyle will also compete in the fall at Texas A&M and we will continue to follow his progress!
No news currently found.