The store is open!!!!!
We will be going through Fancloth for our spirit wear this year. If you are interested in track and field spirit wear items see below:
Campaign Ends February 15th. **Get your orders in before this date passes by!!! No more orders after this!!!!!
*I will post information from meets, etc.
* I will also like and share info. from coaches that due similar things as what we do
If you are not getting the coaches emails do not email the coach and ask him to add you. Email the school registrar to make sure they have your updated emails.
**Before you email the registrar make sure I have added the athlete to the track roster. We add them to E-School and rank One to check eligibility, etc. Once the athlete is on the roster you should get emails. If you are not getting emails this is when you would contact the registrar.
** If you are unsure, email me 1st at email@example.com
* An Ancient Greek word meaning excellence or virtue, being the best one can be
* Ancient Greek philosophy stressed the development of arete' in 3 aspects of ones life- Mind, Body, and Spirit (Wit, Strength, Bravery)
* Neglect of one aspect was the sign of an incomplete man
Welcome to our 2020-2021 Track and Field Year. Below is very important information much of which can be and should be taken care of before you report on the 1st day of school.
1. Physical on file with our athletic trainer- Your current physical must downloaded into your Rank One File. A coach will not accept it. Some of you have taken care of this but many have not.
** go to www.katyisd.org. once you are on the Katy ISD web site please go to departments and then athletics. Once you get to the athletics page hover over Parents and your will get a list of items to choose from all of which are important. The last one is Participation Forms- You will go to "Proceed to Online forms" with a couple of clicks. Now you will need to create an account and just follow directions to complete all forms. Make sure you do all items and submit them. Once you submit them I will have them!!
** Also under parent information you can pay for your participation fees. It is best to do it here instead of exchanging money. Please try your best to pay for participation fees on my payment plus!
**I will also need a copy of your birth certificate if you are a "new" athlete at Seven Lakes. You can scan this to my email AS AN ATTACHMENT to firstname.lastname@example.org *Please make sure it is an attachment and not within the email and separate from the below utility bill
**I will also need a copy of a "current" utility bill where you live. This can also be scanned to the above email as an attachment!
Other items you will need for track;
2. You need a nice pair of running shoes- shoes that you don't wear for any purpose other than for training. We will discuss this at our Parent Meeting on Tuesday, January 19th.
3. You must be able to stay after school for practice and be able to attend meets. There will be times it may be possible to finish practice during school if you are 1st or 7th period track but in most cases practice will carry over after school. We are usually all done with practice no later than 4:00PM
4. Do to Covid there will be changes to meets, how many kids go to meets, going to and leaving meets. I email parents and athletes through Rank One with all updates throughout the year.
5. Make sure you are on the Track Remind: https://www.remind.com/join/sltf2021
6. Any attachments, etc. I need to get to you will be places on this web site
We look forward to a great season. I will update this site on a regular basis. If you have questions do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Lance Broome completes his senior season with a state Championship performance in the 200m dash at the state meet in Austin with a phenomenal time of 20.83. Lance earlier finished 3rd at the state meet in the 100m dash with an impressive 10.40
Lance leaves Seven Lakes as the record holder at our school in both the 100 (10.26) and the 200 (20.82)
Lance also was part of history in 2018 as a member of the state champion 4x100 team and state runner up 4x200
Lance will attend Texas A&M this Fall and we wish him the best and will follow his track career for the Aggies.
Kyle Stulce leaves Seven Lakes as one of the top 2 throwers in Seven Lakes history and we have had some great throwers in our history.
Kyle recently placed 3rd at the UIL State Meet with a throw of 61'6 which was his PR for outdoor. Kyle also had a personal best of 62'1" indoor and a best of 151' 5 3/4 in the discus
Kyle will also compete in the fall at Texas A&M and we will continue to follow his progress!
No news currently found.