2021 Spartan Club Scholarship Criteria/Requirements that must be met to be considered for the scholarship:
1. Application/acceptance into college
2. Must have played a SLHS sport in Junior or Senior year (both are not necessary)
3. List school extracurricular involvement
4. Family: required membership in Spartan Club Junior and Senior years: prior to March 1, 2020 (Junior Year) and a member before March 1, 2021 (Senior Year) (Entry for a student who transfers is subject to vote by the SLHSABC Board on a case-by-case basis)
5. GPA 2.50 or higher
6. Scholarship application submission electronic time stamp Deadline: March 12, 2021 11:59 PM.
7. Completed application on the 2021 Spartan Club Scholarship Google Form.
8. Typed essay from student, 300-500 words, relevant to the essay topic and uploaded to the 2021 Spartan Club Scholarship Google Form
Please upload your essay response (300 to 500 words) to ONLY ONE of the following prompts:
Prompt #1: Write about a time you were the leader amongst your teammates in an important moment on or off the field/court/course. Describe what you did and what you learned from that experience.
Prompt #2: Write about how participating in high school sports will benefit you in the future. How will your experience transition to college and beyond?